Friday, January 21, 2011

My Regimen for Dry Skin

I have combination skin. I know in the past my skin used to be really oily and I had a lot of acne. Once i started using more acne medications i found that due to the ingredients in the medications my skin started to dry out more. Now my skin has changed a lot from what it used to be, I have gotten rid of my acne but now I have mix of both oily and dry skin. In Canada it gets extremely cold in the winter (I'm under my blankets as I type this blog lol). So my skin gets extremely dry in the winter and it flakes a lot. I have been looking for good products to revitalize my skin and protect it from dryness and I finally think i have found some winners!

So I went to my nearest Sephora and I asked the lady working there to recommend some products for my dry skin. She instantly brought me to the Philosophy beauty care section. Now I have heard of Philosophy before but I had never tried any products of theirs so I was a little hesitant. She showed me their Micro exfoliating wash. I decided to buy it and give it a try, I was ready to try anything at that point. This product retails for about $35.00 CAD so it's a little pricey. I have been using this product for almost a year now and it's still not done. I wet my face first and then scrub for about 60 seconds with the product and then wash it off. At first i used it every day, it was gentle enough to use everyday and eventually when i started seeing the difference i reduced it to once or twice a week. This exfoliating wash has micro beads that exfoliates all the dead skin cells and buffs out the impurities, leaving smooth skin behind. As soon i exfoliate I can notice the difference. My skin seems brighter and healthier after each wash and I have had a good first impression of Philosophy. I definitely recommend this product if you are someone struggling with dry skin and find that your skin looks uneven and dull.
Philosophy the micro exfoliating wash
Another great product I have come across for my dry skin is La Roche-Posay. I don't know how many of you guys have heard of this brand. It's originally a brand based in France but it is available in Canada and possibly even USA, i'm not really sure. It is available for us at Shoppers Drug Mart, I have never checked if Sephora carries it. The specific product I am talking about is their Physiological Cleansing Milk for dry to very dry sensitive skin. It retails for about $25.00 CAD. This is used as a cleanser but quite different from regular cleansers. Most of the cleansers I have used in the past lathers into foam . Those cleansers that lathers contains a soap like product in their ingredients which often dries out your skin. This milk cleanser doesn't foam and it has a very creamy consistency. I wet my face first and then scrub my face with this milk cleanser and it cleans my face and removes most of my makeup. Unlike other cleansers that dry my skin, this cleanser keeps my skin very moisturized and rich. It basically feels like I took body butter and washed my face. I have been using this product for 2 years and it has saved my face!!! If you are looking for a non-harsh cleanser that will keep your face moisturized throughout the day then this is your product. 
La Roche-Posay Physiological Cleansing Milk

In terms of face mask, I haven't really experimented with many. I bought the St. Ives Hydroxy Mask out of curiosity one day and to my surprise I liked it ! For something that is like 6 bucks, this product is really great. I personally am not a fan of St. Ives, I never liked their Apricot Scrub or any other products of theirs. This mask feels great. Now it's not like the most amazing mask in the world but it does a pretty decent job. When you put on the mask it brings this cooling feeling to your face. It's cold and it makes your face feel like it's diving into an ice cold tub. Then it dries up to a clear film which can easily be peeled off once it's dry. It is a little messy, it can get stuck in your hair but its just a matter of keeping your hair away from your face. The end result gives your face a brighter glow. It hydrates your skin and brings a shine to your face. Ofcourse that wears off in a day, it doesn't last long but hey its doing a great job for a cheap drugstore product. 
St. Ives Peel Off Hydroxy Masque
Finally the last product that has saved my life is the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. This cream hands down is such an amazing cream and it's unbelievable for a drugstore product. Let me just say I bought this cream for my face but I now use it everywhere! It's such a great cream,  very moisturizing and creamy. It heals any dry skin areas and it has become my daily moisturizer. I can NOT live without it, I really just can't. 
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream 

Well that's it for my recommended products for dry skin. I use all these products regularly and it has improved my skin a great deal. I have noticed that my skin is a lot less dry and a lot more healthy. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me. 
Lots of love 
xoxo 
Simply* 

4 comments:

  1. I have oily combination skin, but I get those dry patches too from prescribed acne creams. It's horrible! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ye i know exactly how annoying that can be but these products really has helped me control that problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. COOL :)

    lakergirl123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow I follow you too now =)

    ReplyDelete