Saturday, February 12, 2011

Drugstore Haul

Good Morning Ladies 
It's Saturday morning and I am trying to get some school work done but ofcourse that doesn't run very smoothly. I am distracted and here I am blogging lol. 
Anyways I have a quick drugstore haul, I had a quick shopping spree this week for basic products I needed from Shoppers Drug Mart and Wal- Mart. Some of these products I will be trying for the first time, others are just routinely bought. Hope you guys enjoy =) 


Goodies =) 

 I have been looking for a really good hairspray. I have heard good reviews on this Loreal Elnett hairspray. It is supposed to hold your hair style without hardening your hair. I personally hate hairsprays because it hardens hair and creates a rough texture. This  hairspray is to disappear at the stroke of a brush, I assume that includes running your fingers through your hair. They have strong hold and extra strong hold. I bought the extra strong hold. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.
Loreal Elnett Hairspray 
Shoppers Drug Mart was having a sale on selected Tresemme products. I am a huge fan of Tresemme, I think they are amazing and even more amazing for their affordability. I use their Sleek and Straight Shampoo and Conditioner on the regular, especially when i straighten my hair. It locks in alot of moisture and shine and I have been very impressed with the product so I thought to give their Curl Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner a try because I have naturally curly hair. I bought them for $3.99 CAD each. 

Tresemme Curl Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner 

 Also heard tons of good this about this Tresemme product. I bought this at Wal-Mart. It's a heat tamer spray. It is to be used before using a heat tools on your hair. It is said to be comparable to the CHI Heat Protectant. If it is I am definitely going to be happy because this product is a lot cheaper and more accessible. 
Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray 

I totally love Marc Anthony products. I have a lot of their products. I have been using this product for ages and I am extremely impressed with this. It's a Moisture Gloss serum. I apply this before I straighten my hair. A little goes a long way so only a quarter pump is enough for each section of hair being straightened. This leaves my hair super shiny and healthy and even my dead ends are moisturized and healthy-looking. You have to be careful how you apply this because if you put too much it make your hair look greasy and we don't want that. So a small amount on each section as you straighten will give you amazing results.  Shoppers had a sale one these 2 for $14 CAD which is cheaper than the regular $11 CAD each. 
Marc Anthony Moisture Gloss Serum

 Gotta have my Blistex. This is my life saviour in the winter time. I have been using this for ages, it's medicated so it helps to nourish my dry chapped lips but also sealing any cracks on my lips. Do you guys have any other recommendation for lip balms? I am in search for an even better lip balm if possible =) 
Blistex Daily Condition Treatment for Lips 

 So I went to buy the Tresemme Dry Shampoo and I end up coming home with the waterless foam shampoo. I don't know how that happened and if I want to keep this product. Does anyone know if this is a good product? or should I return it? 
Tresemme Waterless Foam Shampoo

I was out of face primer and I didn't want to spend 30 something dollars to get my Smashbox primer again so I decided to go for a cheaper alternative. Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer has good reviews and so I decided to try it out. I have used it twice and I have to say it feels great on the face, it absorbs oil and it makes applying foundation much easier with a smooth base to work on. 
Hard Candy Skin Perfecting Primer 

Lastly, I have been hearing way too much hype over the new Wet n Wild colour icon Eyeshadow Palettes. I have never liked anything Wet n Wild, not even their nail polishes.  Suddenly I hear so many good things about all their new products and I figured I should give it a try and see what it is all about. I bought the Vanity palette, they are a bunch of neutral colours. 3 of the shadows are matte perfect for a day time look and the other 3 are shimmer which is good for an evening look. The texture is so smooth and almost creamy. The colours are so pigmented, I have tried it once as a day time look and they give such a nice natural look. I will do a review on this once I try it more and know for sure that I like it. It's like $5.99 CAD. 
Wet n Wild Color Icon Palette in Vanity 

Well that's it for now folks. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday morning 
xoxo
Simply* 


4 comments:

  1. Hi there... amazing blog!!

    I love your drug store haul and you should do a product review on these items and I would love to support your blog by being a new follower!!

    Good Luck (trying not to get distracted from your homework) and have a great weekend!!

    http://mylyfe-mystory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot hun I definitely plan on doing a review if I find these products to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comment and your follow!!
    It really means alot to me!!

    (Also - are you done your school work or still procrastinating) =)

    http://mylyfe-mystory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete