Hello there everyone, now I know my blog has been on clothes, makeup, hair, etc. but I felt like I wanted to share another passion of mine....cooking!!! Well I don't know if it's a passion per se but I looooove food. I decided to share with you something I made today.
Since it's lent I decided to give up meat for 40 days and I have been doing a great job so far. Being a vegetarian is not so bad as long as you have options. So I am going to try posting up some vegetarian dishes throughout the month (hopefully) so that you guys out there that are vegetarian or want to become vegetarian has more options to choose from.
This is a simple dish which can be considered as a snack or a full meal, depending on how you plan to serve it. I use basic ingredients right from my pantry and fridge, nothing fancy. So here goes....
Sweet Potatoes (2)
Garlic (1 clove)
Virgin Olive Oil (not in picture)
Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
Realtime Lime Juice ( lemon juice would probably be better)
Cayenne Pepper Powder
Dried Parsley (fresh parsley would be better)
Salt & Pepper
Lettuce (if preferred)
How to: Roast1. Heat your oven to 400 F
2. Cut the sweet potatoes in to medium sized cubes
3. Mix Olive oil & Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing in a bowl and mix the potatoes in.
4. Once the potatoes have enough dressing on them place it on a baking dish and put it in the oven on roast for 30 mins or until the edges of the potatoes are a little hard.
5. Before you put them in the oven add some Pepper and Salt along with some Cayenne pepper
5. Then dice up the onions into small cubes
6. Add the onions and the corn 15 mins before the potatoes are done, stir them all up and close the oven door (you do this because potatoes take longer to roast but corn & onions roast in a matter of minutes.
Your dish should look something like this ...
How to: Sauce
1. To make the sauce first mince up a clove of garlic
2. Mix it with 1/3 cup of Hellmans Mayonnaise or your choice of mayonnaise
3. Also add 1 tablespoon of Realtime Lime Juice or preferably Lemon Juice.
4. You have made your sauce, if you find the sauce to be too thick you can add 2 tablespoons of milk to thin the sauce out.
Now to serve the dish :1. Take the roasted potatoes along with the onions and corn out, let it cool just a tad bit
2. Place lettuce all over the serving dish as a base
3. Scoop out the roast on to the lettuce and top it off with the sauce
4. Add parsley if you desire
Your final product should look like this ....
Voila! You are done !! Doesn't it look so delicious.
Its a great dish and I am telling you it gets eaten up within a matter of minutes.
You can choose to serve it with rice but that would be a lot of unwanted carbs. You can also choose to make a wrap with all these ingredients in a pita.
Well that's it for now everyone, I hope some of you try this out. It's super easy and really delicious.
Please let me know what you think about this.
Does it look yum ?