Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Product Review: Coastal Scents



So i know i am using this blog after so long but school has basically taken my life away. Anywhoo i am going to get right into the topic.


Coastal Scents is an online makeup company that is well-known in North America due to their publicity. You are able to find numerous hauls, tutorials, reviews on Youbtube about this product. I bought my first ever product from CS one year ago. I had bought the 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette and it retails for $19.95 USD i believe and since i live in Canada it's a little more for me.


Pros:
- dirt cheap for the number of eyeshadows
- wide array of colours to choose from
- ideal for a night out
-easy to apply


Con:
- more shimmer than colour (maybe the original 88 palette would have given me more colour)
- a lot of fall out that is hard to get off


Now i can't complain about this product because for the price we are getting a decent product. MAC eyeshadows are so expensive and you get 88 shadows for 20 bucks!!! I am in no way comparing this product to MAC in terms of quality because MAC eyeshadows hands down is AMAZING quality and it can't compare. For a starter makeup junkie like myself this was a great start up palette, it gives you an opportunity to test different colours. I was a little disappointed that i got more shimmer than colour until i discovered a trick. I use a white eyeliner pencil all  over my eye lid after i applied a primer and i found that the colours pick up more with a white base. The colours look more vibrant and I am getting better results. Now i use this palette more than before and I am quite satisfied with it.
Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer 

Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer 

My second product from Coastal Scents was the newer product. It was the Fall Festive Palette. There are 12 eyeshadows and retails for $21.95USD. As soon as i saw this palette on the website i fell in love with the colours!!!! I just knew i HAD to get it but i waited and I am glad I did. Coastal Scents was having a Black Friday Sale and I was able to get this palette for 14 bucks!!!! Isn't that crazy??? I got this palette over Christmas Break and I was very happy with the product. 

Pros: 
- Amazing fall colours
- Very good pigmentation 
- Vibrant even without a primer or base 
- Bigger pots than the 88 Shimmer 


Cons:
- Some fall out 
I really have no complains about this product, this product definitely wooed me and I would recommend this product to everyone.  Coastal Scents did an amazing job improving their products. They have so many new products coming out everyday and I am going to try out more of their products. 

Coastal Scents Fall Festive Palette 

Coastal Scents Fall Festive Palette (The camera doesn't do the colours justice) 

Some swatches without a base or primer!!! 
Well that's it for now
I will be back soon 
XOXO

Simply*



3 comments:

  1. These look super pretty! That tip about the white eyeliner base really helps a lot! Thanks for sharing!

    thatssofletch.blogspot.com

    xo, Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    I can't wait to try some Coastal Scents palettes! I agree with you: they are not MAC but anyway, you get tons of colours for a ridiculous amount of money!
    Love from your latest follower,
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soo much, i really appreciate it =)

    ReplyDelete